TallyCF: Nutrition Program
Nutrition is the key foundation of fitness. Without proper nutrition you will blunt the effects of CrossFit, and with it you will accelerate your response to CrossFit.
Proper nutrition is eating what you need to sustain your life. It includes the macro-nutrients; carbohydrates, fats and proteins, and micro-nutrients like vitamins and minerals.
Reasons why we don't eat as we should (Not all inclusive)
- If you are eating with family and friends then you probably feel peer pressure.
- If you have issues with your weight then you probably have bad eating habits.
- If you are hungry (and we all get hungry) then you are open to suggestion. Advertising works!
If you eat too much it's called gluttony and too little is called starvation. Anybody you know starving?
TallyCF: Proper Nutrition
Knowing what is proper nutrition for you is about self-discovery on one hand and understanding human nutrition on the other. That is we are all the same in most ways but in some ways quite different.
While we are all on slightly different paths we are all headed to the same end goal: eating what we need to support our body in the proper quantity while emphasizing the highest quality we can manage.
Ideally, you would eat intuitively both for quantity and quality.
TallyCF: Nutrition Seminar
Carla Nowicki - Nutrition Instructor
- BS in Foods and Nutrition with a concentration in Dietetics and a minor in Exercise Science at Appalachian State University
- She is currently pursuing an MS in Sports Nutrition and RD though the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics internship at The Florida State University
Nutrition Seminar and Challenge
- January 27
- February 17
- March 24
- April 21
There is no need to sign up, just show up ready to learn! Remember the fee is covered by your membership!
- Quick important definitions of nutrients, Kcals, etc.
- Psychology behind food behaviors
- Hormonal regulation with food and exercise overview
- Food Myth Debunking
- Paleo & Zone
- “try this” possible ways to change your eating habits easier
- Pre and Post Workout meal timing
- January: Caffeine- Is it good or bad?
- February: Eating local
- March: Why to avoid the breakfast cereal
- April: Organic vs. Non-organic
Nutrition Challenge Spring 2013- “The Triple Crown”
- Zone Diet: Feb 3- 23
- Fun Day Feb 24th Announce Lead Spots/New Teams
- Zone/Paleo Diet: Feb 25- Mar 16
- Fun Day March 17th Announce Lead Spots/New Teams
- Paleo Diet: Mar 18- Apr 6
- Fun Day April 7th Announce Winners
CFTally Nutrition Athlete Results